Date:      Tue, 8 Feb 2005 19:33:38 +0000
From:      Mark Magiera <mark@hyow.eu.org>
To:        amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Any experience with "Asus A8N-SLi" or "Gigabyte K8NXP-SLI" mobos?

I'm finally planning on upgrading to a 64bit system this wekeend however
I'm looking for a motherboard that is high performance for gaming in
windows, but also has the hardware support in FreeBSD since I'll be
running that most of the time.

The thing I'm unsure about is, how well are the nforce4 chipsets
supported in FreeBSD? and what about PCI-E, would one of those mobo's in
combination with a PCI-E nvidia card work?

Also, I'm planning on running this on a RELENG_5 installation, would I
be better off with a HEAD install?
I'd rather stick with freebsd 5.x but if it doesn't support PCI-E or
something and freebsd 6 does, I'll probably end up going with that.

Any advice would be much appreciated

-- Mark Magiera