Date:      Wed, 2 Mar 2005 09:50:32 GMT
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/78240: Replace <literal> with <quote> around a #

The following reply was made to PR docs/78240; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To: Brad Davis <so14k@so14k.com>,
	Marc Fonvieille <blackend@freebsd.org>
Cc: bug-followup@freebsd.org
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 11:46:48 +0200

 On 2005-03-02 00:19, Brad Davis <so14k@so14k.com> wrote

 > Well if that is what we want to do I can remake my patch to fix both
 > instances that I know about and look for others.

 I'm not sure if nested <quote> and <literal> is something we can all
 agree about.  Even I have not decided if it's good to use nested
 elements or if we should marking up for style altogether and let the
 stylesheets decide how things are going to be presented (i.e. with
 quotes around the literal text, or not).

 Something like this, perhaps, in our doc/share/sgml/freebsd.dsl?

         (element literal
 	  (make-sequence
 	    (literal "``")
 	    (process-children)
 	    (literal "''")))

 I'm not very acquainted with DSSSL, so this may be wrong.  The general
 idea is that all <literal> elements will automagically quote their
 contents, so we don't need to <quote></quote> literal stuff.