Date:      Fri, 1 Apr 2005 09:32:45 +0000
From:      "Ganael Laplanche" <ganael.laplanche@martymac.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@lists.freebsd.org
Subject:   K8N-E deluxe / Nforce3 250 : no agp support yet ?

Hi all,

I'm running 5.4-PRERELEASE #13 for AMD64 and can't get agp working.

My graphic card is an ATI Radeon 9000. Xorg works well, but drm can't load
because of the lack of agp device. I get these errors each time I start X :

# dmesg
[...]
error: [drm:pid564:radeon_cp_init] *ERROR* radeon_cp_init called without lock held
error: [drm:pid564:radeon_unlock] *ERROR* Process 564 using kernel context 0
[...]

However, an agp device should be detected ; here is my kernel conf file :

[...]
device          acpi
device          isa
device          pci
device          agp

device          vga
device          splash
device          radeondrm       # ATI Radeon 9000
[...]

But no device is detected at boot :
# dmesg | grep -i agp
doesn't show anything

Isn't nforce3 250 agp controller supported yet ?

I know I'm not the only one, since I saw a thread on a forum a few weeks ago (I
can't remember the URL...). I also went to
http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/DriTroubleshooting but without success...

Any idea ? Does someone get the same errors ?

Ganaël LAPLANCHE
ganael.laplanche@martymac.com
http://www.martymac.com
Tel : (+33)6.84.03.57.24.