Date:      Mon, 30 May 2005 09:05:25 -0600
From:      Ken Gunderson <kgunders@teamcool.net>
To:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   swap sizing

Hello:

On larger systems sporting several gigs of ram, what it the recommended
swap scheme?  I'm aware of the 2x ram rule of thumb and also that this
rule is considered "old school" by many.  And of course that you need
at least as much swap as ram if you want to get a full dump...
But other than that it seems we pretty much don't want/need to be
swapping at all on modern machines.  Curious what folks are doing in the
modern world with larger systems.

TIA

--
Best regards,