Date:      Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:22:49 -0500
From:      "Joshua Kampmeier" <josh@mail.changesplace.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   New 5.4 installation locks up at 'uhcio0'

I just installed FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE on a Compaq Proliant 1600 Server at work. This model is dual-Pentium III 500MHz, 1 GB RAM, 3x9.1 GB Ultra2 SCSI in RAID 5 array. It is to be used for our new intranet server and perhaps also some Proxy functions.

When booting the installation CD, it locked up at:

uhci0: <Intel 82371AB/EB (PIIX4) USB controller> at device 20.2 on pci0

So I rebooted and choose Safe Mode installation. That worked without a hitch. Finished, rebooted, and it locked up at the same point again. I can boot using Safe Mode, but obviously that isn't a solution. Please help, this is my companies first move away from Microsoft systems and I'd like this to go as smoothly as possible. Thanks!