Date:      Thu, 16 Jun 2005 22:10:46 +0200
From:      Wilko Bulte <wb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
Cc:        alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Back to PR alpha/30486: broken floppy on DS10

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 04:31:48PM -0700, Marcel Moolenaar wrote..
> Ok,
>
> So now that I have a DS10, I tried to reproduce the floppy problem.
> I can't:
>
> ds10% sudo fdformat /dev/fd0
> Format 1440K floppy `/dev/fd0'? (y/n): y
> Processing VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV done.
> Errors encountered:
> Cyl Head Sect   Error
>  35    1   13   CRC error in data field
>  36    1   13   CRC error in data field
>
> Other than a suspicious floppy or a dusty drive, things look ok.
>
> See for details:
> 	http://www.xcllnt.net/~marcel/machines/ds10/

Well, on my DS10 I still see the failure.  Running a 'current' of May 25.

Obvious difference: mine is a 600MHz, your's a 466MHz.

Details:
	http://www.freebsd.org/~wilko/ds10-pciconf.txt
	http://www.freebsd.org/~wilko/ds10-dmesg-boot.txt

I tried swapping the floppy drive and floppy cable.  No difference.

> BTW: is there a simple way to reset the SRM to a (near) virgin state?

ENOCLUE

--
Wilko Bulte				wilko@FreeBSD.org