Date:      Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:13:40 +0900 (JST)
From:      "UEMURA (fka. MAENAKA) Tetsuya" <maenaka@pluto.dti.ne.jp>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: em(4) stops passing data

I had had apparently same problem in April. For my time, em0 seemed dead,
though no link down message was generated, and could go up again by
`ifconfig em0 down; ifconfig em0 up'.

My problem was caused by defected power supply which generated around
4.5V instead of 5V, and corrected completely by replacing of power
supply.

FYI, use physical mean when measuring voltage. Reported in BIOS or
monitor software may vary from actual.

--
UEMURA (fka. MAENAKA) Tetsuya <maenaka@pluto.dti.ne.jp>

Posted on Tue, 26 Jul 2005 02:36:40 +0100 (BST)
by author Chris Howells <howells@kde.org>