Date:      Sun, 07 Aug 2005 17:46:57 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        alexjeffburke@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Model device driver / Newbus

In message: <a8b8bb5105080713006ecdfc1b@mail.gmail.com>
            Alex Burke <alexjeffburke@gmail.com> writes:
: Hi,
:
: I want to try writing a driver for an MCA card.
:
: I am just wondering if there is any skeleton driver (preferably a bus
: like PCI), and also whether the newbus framework is used for MCA
: drivers. What is the preferred method of writing drivers now?

MCA as in micro channel architecture?  If so, then you should look at
the ep driver.  It is one of the few in the tree that has a mca
attachment, and would be good to review.

Warner