Date:      Fri, 26 Aug 2005 14:23:45 +0200
From:      Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
To:        John-Paul Andrusky <jpandrusky@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with uhid device.

On Thursday 25 August 2005 00:40, John-Paul Andrusky wrote:
> "dmesg | grep usb" gives "usb0: uhci_softintr (0)" repeated over and
> over. With just "hw.usb.uhci.debug=3D15", I get the following when I
> 'cat' the device, push a button and then
> do a ctrl-c:
>

> TD(0xc1a57ea0) at 1f3ebea0 =3D link=3D0x1f3ebec4 status=3D0x1c000004
> token=3D0x00810469 buffer=3D0x001f1d40
>   1f3ebec4<VF> 1c000004<LS>,errcnt=3D3,actlen=3D5
> pid=3D69,addr=3D4,endpt=3D2,D=3D0,maxlen=3D5 TD(0xc1a57ec0) at 1f3ebec0 =
=3D
> link=3D0x00000005 status=3D0x1d500000
> token=3D0x00090469 buffer=3D0x001f1d45
>   5<T,VF> 1d500000<BABBLE,STALLED,IOC,LS>,errcnt=3D3,actlen=3D1
                          ^^^ the transfer has stalled

=46rom what I can remember, the UHCI driver is not doing the interrupt pipe=
s=20
right.

You can choose between the following:

1) this release is a little old, and I will update it next month:

Download the three files below into a new directory and type=20
"make install"  (to uninstall type "make deinstall")
http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/usb/Makefile
http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/usb/new_usb_1_5_4.diff.bz2
http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/usb/new_usb_1_5_4.tar.bz2

2) this package was updated not long ago, but it will also install an ISDN=
=20
system, but that will not cause any trouble.

Download the three files below into a new directory and type "make install".
To uninstall type "make deinstall".

http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/temporary/155/Makefile
http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/temporary/new_ihfc_1_5_5.tar.b=
z2
http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/temporary/new_ihfc_1_5_5.diff.=
bz2

After install, either recompile the kernel or all USB modules, depending on=
=20
how you load the USB drivers. Just ignore the "ihfc" manpage that pops up=20
when the installation is finished.

If you are using modules, then you have to do the following, before rebooti=
ng:

cd /sys/modules/aue && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/axe && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/cdce && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/cue && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/if_ndis && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/kue && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/ndis && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/netgraph/bluetooth/ubtbcmfw && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/netgraph/bluetooth/ubt && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/rue && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/sound/driver/uaudio && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/ubsa && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/ubser && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/ucom && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/ucycom && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/udav && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/udbp && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/ufm && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/uftdi && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/ugen && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/uhid && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/ukbd && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/ulpt && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/umass && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/umct && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/umodem && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/ums && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/uplcom && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/ural && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/urio && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/usb && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/uscanner && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/uvisor && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/uvscom && make depend all install clean

I am assuming that you are using FreeBSD 5/6/7. Turn on UHCI debugging and=
=20
post the messages again, if it does not work.

=2D-HPS