Date:      Wed, 14 Sep 2005 12:08:50 +0200
From:      Michael Nottebrock <lofi@freebsd.org>
To:        kde@freebsd.org
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org, Mikhail Teterin <mi@corbulon.video-collage.com>
Subject:   Re: [kde-freebsd] Re: WITH_ARTS vs. WITH_ESD

--nextPart1688674.WPUid5E1bS

On Wednesday, 14. September 2005 08:25, Mikhail Teterin wrote:
> > > It would seem, that instructing esound to build with arts support
> > > and arts to support esound results in circular dependency.
> > >
> > > Can someone, please, test this? Add WITH_ESD and WITH_ARTS to your
> > > /etc/make.conf and try to make either of them on a system, where
> > > neither is already installed.
> >
> > I've removed arts support from esound.  I don't really see the need.

Erm. This is shooting with cannons on user's feet. Please don't?

> Thanks, but that did not really answer my question... This is not the
> last circular dependency and we better be prepared to handle it.

Any ideas how?

The only thing I can think of is doing

=2D.if defined(WITH_ESD)
+.if defined(WITH_ESD) && !defined(WITH_ARTS)

, but given that you're the first person to ever notice this little loop (I=
=20
suppose you discovered it while working on the all-depends-list target?),=20
it's probably more than enough.

=2D-=20
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi@freebsd.org