Date:      Wed, 14 Sep 2005 18:32:37 +0200
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        Yuan Jue <yuanjue122@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, matt.kosht@gmail.com
Subject:   Re: IE in FreeBSD?

--LZvS9be/3tNcYl/X

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 11:55:25PM +0800, Yuan Jue wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 September 2005 23:46, Matt Kosht wrote:
>=20
> > > Does anybody successfully  run Internet Explorer under Wine in FreeBS=
D?
> > > What should I do to get it run? Any suggestion will be appreciated.
> >
> > I would suggest instead of Wine using an RDP client (rdesktop in ports
> > for example) and run IE via terminal services on a Windows server or
> > XP desktop PC.
>=20
> Thanks.
> It is a way to solve this problem. But my particular problem is I do not =
have=20
> a Windows server or XP desktop PC around. My laptop is the only computer =
I=20
> have. So is there any other suggestion?

You mean apart from dumping IE and using firefox? ;-)

Install windoze on a virtual machine on your FreeBSD laptop. You could
use bochs or qemu. The latter is probably faster.

Roland
--=20
R.F.Smith (http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/) Please send e-mail as plain text.
public key: http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/pubkey.txt