Date:      Tue, 4 Oct 2005 16:23:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sendmail not starting at boot

On 5.4-STABLE as of October 1, sendmail doesn't start on reboot.
I have to either do it by hand or run sh rc.sendmail (which does
start it).
There's no sendmail.sh in /usr/local/etc/rc.d.

The rc.conf has sendmail_enable="YES" and I even changed this
in /etc/defaults/rc.conf.

I supposed I could clip some of rc.sendmail and put in in a
sendmail.sh file for /usr/local/etc/rc.d, but perhaps something
more obvious is wrong.  I want sendmail to be not only a
local mta but to be the incoming and outgoing server.

Thanks--

 	Annelise

.