Date:      Fri, 14 Oct 2005 13:41:45 +0700
From:      Victor Sudakov <sudakov@sibptus.tomsk.ru>
To:        Heinrich Rebehn <rebehn@ant.uni-bremen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with default ACLs and mask

Heinrich Rebehn wrote:

[dd]
> Am i doing something wrong here? Why is the mask not propagated?

I am afraid the current umask prevents it.
You must set it to something like "umask 002" before you create your
files or directories (the group write bit matters here).

> Update: I saw a post suggesting using different umasks, but that did not
> work either (besides being a bit clumsy solution).

I agree it may be clumsy but it does work, I use it.
Set the user's umask from login.conf

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov@sibptus.tomsk.ru