Date:      Sun, 20 Nov 2005 14:03:46 -0500
From:      Nicolas Blais <nb_root@videotron.ca>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   [patch] remove build dependencies in bsd.ports.mk

--nextPart1514323.Xxt62qPHd4

This may or may not be useful for the FreeBSD community but....

As I 'ls /var/db/pkg', I noticed a lot of ports I didn't use and that didn'=
t=20
have a +REQUIRED_BY file. Ports such as ezm3 and gcc-ooo that I could do=20
without. So, what I did is a simple hack in /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk so th=
at=20
I can run 'make deinstall-builddepends' after a port is installed, and it=20
will ask me to remove any build dependencies.

So far it works great, but I couldn't use the 'force (-f)' parameter in the=
=20
deinstall target so I made a new target called interactivedeinstall. (I fou=
nd=20
out the hard way when I 'deinstall-builddepends' in cvsup and it removed my=
=20
xorg-libraries...).

One could improve my patch by detecting if the port is already +REQUIRED_BY=
=20
another port so it would not ask to delete it.=20

You can get the patch here:
http://www.clkroot.net/FreeBSD/update/bsd.port.mk.diff

All comments are welcomed,
Nicolas.
=2D-=20
=46reeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #1: Sat Nov 19 12:36:29 EST 2005    =20
root@clk01a:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CLK01A=20
PGP? (updated 16 Nov 05) : http://www.clkroot.net/security/nb_root.asc