Date:      Sat, 03 Dec 2005 10:35:17 +1000
From:      Stephen McKay <smckay@internode.on.net>
To:        Bill Fenner <fenner@research.att.com>
Cc:        Stephen McKay <smckay@internode.on.net>, www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Moving man.cgi to the new site look'n'feel

On Wednesday, 30th November 2005, Bill Fenner wrote:

>I'd like people to try out
>
>http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/newlook-man.cgi
>
>and let me know if they have any issues with it vs.
>
>http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi
>
>before it goes live.

The old version has normal fonts and the "newlook" version has tiny fonts.
This is a problem with all of the new stuff.

Even if you click on Text Size Large, the fonts are still smaller than
they used to be.

The old version uses my whole screen width (1600 pixels).  The new version
uses a narrow 800 pixel strip down the middle.  This is a problem with
all of the new stuff.

I thought these basic faults were going to be fixed.  Has there been a
change of heart?

I checked at `date -u` = Sat  3 Dec 2005 00:30:15 UTC

Stephen.