Date:      Thu, 8 Dec 2005 15:44:47 -0700
From:      "Bob Lee" <bob@bobleeit.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bacula vs. Amanda vs. whatever ...

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr

Quoting Kiffin Gish <kiffin.gish@planet.nl>:
> I have a home network with two FreeBSD servers (web- and file-server), a =
number of Windows desktops and a wireless FreeBSD laptop all connected to o=
ne another using Samba.=20
>=20
Kiffin,
I think you may run into some snags trying to use Amanda in a disk to
disk backup scheme. I use it everyday and it works great. I have also
used it in a mixed (Win/BSD) environment with no problems. I may
suggest you look at the various rsync-based solutions for disk to disk
archivinga. I've personally used rsync-backup (look on freshmeat.net)
with excellent results.

Bob
--=20
          Robert Lee  PGP: D3EE2268 pgp.mit.edu