Date:      Wed, 21 Dec 2005 12:50:56 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Dmitry Pryanishnikov <dmitry@atlantis.dp.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org, Vaida Bogdan <vaida.bogdan@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: fujitsu siemens no sound driver in sndstat

Dmitry Pryanishnikov <dmitry@atlantis.dp.ua> wrote:

> for that engine, our haven't yet. Also, I don't like Intel's police
> to license all HDA implementations, read
>
> 	http://www.intel.com/standards/hdaudio/
>
>    Implementation of the High Definition Audio Specification requires a
>    license from Intel. Contributors to the High Definition Audio
>    Specification have signed the High Definition Audio (Azalia)
>    Developers Agreement and have provided input to the specification
>    under the terms outlined in that agreement. Implementers that have
>    signed the High Definition Audio Specification (Azalia) Adopter
>    Agreement are licensed to produce products based on the specification
>    under a reciprocal, royalty-free license to certain intellectual
>    property rights from Intel and other Contributors and Adopters for
>    their products that are compliant with the licensed versions of the
>    High Definition Audio Specification.
>
>  It sounds somehow restrictive, doesn't it? But NetBSD people have done it,
> so I think FreeBSD people should be able to do it also.

I haven't reread it today, but at the time I read this for the first time I
did understand it as someone needs a license if he implements a device which
provides this interface, it's not about software which uses this interface.

But I'm not a lawyer...

Bye,
Alexander.

It's OBVIOUS ... The FURS never reached ISTANBUL ... You were an EXTRA
in the REMAKE of "TOPKAPI" ... Go home to your WIFE ... She's making
FRENCH TOAST!