Date:      Fri, 17 Feb 2006 21:11:17 +0000
From:      Marcin Jessa <lists@yazzy.org>
To:        Odhiambo Washington <wash@wananchi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: walled garden concept

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 19:29:27 +0300
Odhiambo Washington <wash@wananchi.com> wrote:

> Hiya,
>
> Does anyone know of any tutorials for setting up a "walled garden"?
> I work for an ISP and we'd like to allow a specific dialup account
> Free Access via our RADIUS, but we want to limit this user to access
> just three or so urls: Our customer {registration|renewal|webselfcare}
> interfaces only.
>
> I am looking for ideas on how this is done. I suppose it's done on the
> NAS, yes?

How will the users connect? Using DHCP to get their IPs or PPPoE ?
You may take a look at pfsense.com which is free and has a wallen garden solution
or www.mikrotik.com which is not free but has a pretty damn good implementation
of what you want pluss commercial atheros drivers and much more.

Marcin