Date:      Tue, 21 Feb 2006 10:47:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kris Anderson <ciscoaix@yahoo.com>
To:        Kristian Vaaf <vaaf@broadpark.no>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Haven't been able to make world in about a year

--- Kristian Vaaf <vaaf@broadpark.no> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I don't know what's wrong. But all my makes error
> out.
> I've tried over and over again. And sent about a
> dozen e-mails to this list.
>
> http://www.home.no/hedhnta/result.txt
>
> When doing:
>
> cvsup -g -L 2 /etc/cvsupfile
>
> And then running:
>
> cd /usr/src \
> && make buildworld \
> && make buildkernel KERNCONF=ARBA \
> && make installkernel KERNCONF=ARBA \
> && make installworld \
> && mergemaster \
> && make clean \
> && rm -rf /usr/obj/*
>
> This is how it's done, no?
Sort of done like that. Looking at the FreeBSD
handbook it says:
 make buildworld
 make buildkernel KERNCONF=ARBA
 make installkernel KERNCONF=ARBA
 reboot

    Note: There are a few rare cases when an extra run
of mergemaster -p is needed before the buildworld
step. These are described in UPDATING. In general,
though, you can safely omit this step if you are not
updating across one or more major FreeBSD versions.

After installkernel finishes successfully, you should
boot in single user mode (i.e. using boot -s from the
loader prompt). Then run:

 mergemaster -p
 make installworld
 mergemaster