Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 2006 07:41:05 -0300
From:      JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: amd64 slower than i386 on identical AMD 64 system?

On Wednesday 15 March 2006 18:45, Ken Gunderson wrote:

> Also, you reported you were having memory related issues but I missed
> any reply to my query regarding memory timings in BIOS.  I've seen some
> MB's ship w/1T and other aggressive timings enabled.  I assume so
> that they can get out of the box perf boost for those MS gaming
> site reviews where stability takes a back seat to bleeding edge
> performance. But these more aggressive timings can also cause stability
> issues.

I know and I remember that and did not answered because I wanted to check t=
his=20
first than I forgot to answer, but the problem I have is certainly not memo=
ry=20
related, it simply happened when having 4GB on the MB.

Of course I do not use any kind of overclocking and the memory settings are=
=20
default settings, On the MBs which support ECC I use it and otherwise I use=
=20
correct dual-channel 1GB chips. The voltages detected seems to be correct =
=20
and the powersuplies I used are good ones.

Jo=E3o