Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 2006 15:43:07 -0600
From:      "Rick C. Petty" <rick-freebsd@kiwi-computer.com>
To:        Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
Cc:        Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Programs not accepting input?

On Sun, Mar 26, 2006 at 07:17:19PM +1100, Peter Jeremy wrote:

> Is the problem that the clients aren't taking focus or have focus
> but aren't accepting keyboard input?

My problem wasn't about focus.  I know the window had input focus (my
settings change the border color for focused windows), but the keyboard
events weren't accepted by certain clients.

> My work system runs separate X servers on two heads (rather than
> ximerama) and I have problems with windows occasionally refusing to
> accept focus after I move the pointer from screen to screen (though I
> can get an alternative window to accept focus and then switch back to
> the window I originally wanted).  This started after an X.org upgrade
> but I'm not sure which one.

I've seen that problem also, with and without xinerama enabled (always
with dual-head nvidia cards).  My keyboard input problem only affected
certain clients.  Like I said, one rxvt would accept keyboard events and
another rxvt right next to it wouldn't.  It was an X.org server, I forget
the version.  I've not noticed the problem recently, but I could try to
reproduce the problem if necessary.

-- Rick C. Petty