Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2006 16:07:07 -0500
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        Oleg Sharoiko <os@rsu.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, Andrey Beresovsky <and@rsu.ru>
Subject:   Re: Boot hangs on ips0: resetting adapter, this may take up to 5 minutes

On Monday 27 March 2006 15:10, Oleg Sharoiko wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Mar 2006, John Baldwin wrote:
>
> JB>> I've found an interesting thread on netbsd mailing list.
> JB>> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-amd64/2006/03/
> JB>> With subject "Re: Bug in x86 ioapic interrupt code for devices with shared
> JB>> interrupts?". May this relate to my problems?
> JB>Well, there is one possibly interesting patch for bge in there, (the
> JB>one from the linux driver) but I'm not sure if it would really help or
> JB>not.
>
> John, can it be possible that interrupts are incorrectly delivered to
> bge_intr? Is it possible that these interrupts are generated by some
> different device?

Yes, if the interrupt for another device is mis-routed.  That is, if
another device is really sharing the IRQ with bge0, but we think it is
using some other interrupt pin (because that's what the BIOS _told us_)
then this would happen.  I misspoke earlier because I thought kldloading
bge brought on the storm rather than a disk access once bge was loaded.
Which device is not getting interrupts and hanging?  You said all your
SCSI cards work fine with bge0 (IRQ16) is not in the kernel, yes?  What
if you disable just the devices on IRQ16 (bge and usb) do all of your
various SCSI cards work fine in that case?