Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2006 09:51:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Matt Watson <mwatson@becon.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 6.1-PRERELEASE (April 5, 2006) randomly rebooting on Dell Poweredge 650

Hello All,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to be sending this or not but I
figured I'd give it a shot.

The subject line pretty much says it all, I have a Dell Poweredge 650 box
running 6.1-PRERELEASE which was cvsup'd on April 5, 2006.  The box has
now twice rebooted on its own for no aparant reason.  Its a fresh install
as well, and appears to have been doing this ever since it was installled.
The first time the box was only up for approximently 2 days and rebooted,
the 2nd time it was up for approximently 10 days.  I have all.log setup to
log all syslog messages however when the reboot occured there is no
information in the log which indicates anything going wrong...  Here is a
small cut from the log at the time of the reboot.  As can be seen, one
minute there is an imapd process, the next entry is the system restarting.

Apr 16 20:55:34 clearwater imapd: LOGOUT, user=XXXXXX,
ip=[::ffff:WWW.XXX.YYY.ZZZ], headers=0, body=0, time=0
Apr 16 20:59:36 clearwater syslogd: restart
Apr 16 20:59:36 clearwater syslogd: kernel boot file is
/boot/kernel/kernel
Apr 16 20:59:36 clearwater kernel: Copyright (c) 1992-2006 The FreeBSD
Project.
Apr 16 20:59:36 clearwater kernel: Copyright (c) 1979, 1980, 1983, 1986,
1988, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994
Apr 16 20:59:36 clearwater kernel: The Regents of the University of
California. All rights reserved.
Apr 16 20:59:36 clearwater kernel: FreeBSD 6.1-PRERELEASE #0: Wed Apr  5
20:46:37 EDT 2006

This machine previously had Linux installed on the box and did not display
the same problems, so I'm going on the assumption that its not a hardware
failure.

Aside from the reboots the box has been preforming extermely well.

If anybody can provide some insights or suggestions I'd greatly appreciate
it.

Thanks,
Matt Watson