Date:      Mon, 15 May 2006 09:38:24 +0200
From:      Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
To:        Dirk =?iso-8859-1?q?Thannh=E4user?= <dt@dtinnovations.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sound delay in i4b

Hi,

On Sunday 14 May 2006 22:57, Dirk Thannh=E4user wrote:
> On May 14, 2006, at 3:18 PM, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

> > Do you have SVN installed?
>
> yes i have. I checked out the version which included both, the i4b
> and the chan_capi. Is ist possible that my version was to old?
> I just did a new checkout.
> Subversion says "Checked out revision 264."

That should be the latest version. It was fixed in "Revision 257", which wa=
s=20
after that I released Version 1.6.0 in April.

> Are there any "cheap" HFC-4S cards out there for testing?

There exist some developer kits, but they are not so easy to get a hand on.=
=20
The only place I know that sales HFC-4S are:

http://shop.beronet.com

And maybe "http://www.junghanns.net/".

> I think that this also means that i am not able to run one card
> (HFC-1S) in slave mode, getting the clock from the other to keep them
> in sync without soldering.

Yes.

> For Voice over IP a huger delay might be ok. thats also my opinion.
> but what about Faxing over ISDN. Here I think latency is an important
> issue. (didn't test the CAPI Fax receiption, yet)

=46axing works, but really you need to use line interconnect to get faxing=
=20
working reliably. Or you can receive the fax in asterisk. That also works.

=2D-HPS