Date:      Sun, 21 May 2006 17:25:27 +0400
From:      Dmitry Marakasov <amdmi3@mail.ru>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFS safety in 6.1-RELEASE

Hi!

In the TODO list for 6.1 RELEASE there was (and still is -
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.1R/todo.html) one entry that
bugs me:

      Issue: NFS data corruption between two 7.0 machines
data corruption. This problem can also be reproduced by using 6.1
NFS server. The problem seems to be avoidable by turning off the
attribute cache on the NFS client.

So I wanted to ask what's status of NFS for release - was that issue
fixed and is it safe to use client and server NFS on 6.1 RELEASE?
If there's still data corruption possible, how do I turn off the
attribute cache?

--
Best regards,
 Dmitry                          mailto:amdmi3@mail.ru