Date:      Tue, 6 Jun 2006 16:44:55 +0200
From:      Divacky Roman <xdivac02@stud.fit.vutbr.cz>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   SoC: strange magic with objcopy and module builds

Hi,

I am working on SoC linuxolator and I found strange thing I dont know how to
cope with:

I made a patch which enables module build of linuxolator on amd64 but it
refuses to kldload because of missing symbol. I tracked the problem down to
the fact that i386 module build works in a way that it builds .kld and then
turns this into .ko:

ld -Bshareable  -d -warn-common -o linux.ko linux.kld

this line makes transition from U symbol to A symbol.

Amd64 version uses only .ko, so this step doesnt exist there so those symbols
remain U.

can someone explain me whats going on?

thnx roman

www.liberalnistrana.cz