Date:      Thu, 20 Jul 2006 13:53:07 +0200
From:      Dean Benazic <dean@glasistre.hr>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   noise when tallk to analog cordless

Hi, i'm using cheep ($25) HFC-S ISDN to dial out from my home to the local
PSTN. using i4b and capi 1.6.1 on FreeBSD 6.1, asterisk...

The problem is that I hear a loud noise when talking with other PSTN clients
who have classic analog cordless phones, when talking louder the noise is
louder and no noise when the line is silent.

On my site I have analog phones on FXS ports. The problem does not exist when
the line with PSTN network is through the FXO module of the TDM card.

$pciconf -l -v
ihfc0@pci4:1:0: class=0x028000 card=0x2bd01397 chip=0x2bd01397 rev=0x02
hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'Cologne Chip Designs GmbH'
    device   = 'HFC-S PCI A ISDN 2BDS0 ISDN HDLC FIFO Controller'
    class    = network

/usr/local/etc/asterisk/capi.conf

nationalprefix=0
internationalprefix=00
rxgain=1.20
txgain=1.20

;ulaw=yes        ;set this, if you live in u-law world instead of a-law
debug=no       ;set this, if capi debugging should be enabled by default

[ISDN1]

ntmode=yes       ; note that this does NOT switch the card to NT-mode!
isdnmode=did     ; note that NT-mode should use "did"
incomingmsn=*    ; all numbers accepted
controller=0
group=1          ;dialout group
;
; If you want to use DTMF operated services on your external
; ISDN network, you have to disable softdtmf until further.
; Disabling softdtmf will cause the Asterisk demo to not work,
; except that one gets the sound.
;
softdtmf=off

; relaxdtmf=on   ;in addition to softdtmf, you can use relaxed dtmf detection
accountcode=1     ;Asterisk accountcode to use in CDRs
context=isdn_in_nt ;context for incoming calls
holdtype=local   ;when Asterisk puts the call on hold, ISDN HOLD will be used.
If
                 ;set to 'local' (default value), no hold is done and Asterisk
may
                 ;play MOH.
;immediate=yes   ;immediate start of pbx with extension 's' if no digits were