Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 2006 23:25:53 -0400
From:      "Tamouh H." <hakmi@rogers.com>
To:        "'Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC'" <chad@shire.net>, "'Nikolas Britton'" <nikolas.britton@gmail.com>
Cc:        'FreeBSD Questions' <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Are hardware vendors starting to bail on FreeBSD ... ?

>=20
> On Jul 25, 2006, at 8:16 PM, Nikolas Britton wrote:
>=20
> >
> > ICP Vortex is an Adaptec company and Adaptec doesn't=20
> support FreeBSD.
> > We've already been over this once.
>=20
> Not to disagree with you, but Adaptec put new drivers for 5.3=20
> and 5.4 for their 2420, 2820, 2320SLP, 2130SLP, and=20
> 4800/4805SAS driver back in April 06 up on their website.
>=20
> Their support could be a lot better, but these are new cards=20
> and new FreeBSD drivers...  There is no storage manager=20
> aaccli like there was earlier :-( (maybe a Linux one,=20
> assuming there is one, will work like the Linux aaccli=20
> program works on FreeBSD?)
>=20

I've 2130SLP and the drivers Adaptec posted caused server reboots almost =
immediately, the documentation were lacking (device name has changed =
which would cause a failed boot) and as you said aaccli is not working, =
not even the new linux ASM.

On that point, do you still have the linux aaccli file ? I've been =
looking for it with no luck. Just updated the 2130SLP firmware and its =
no longer accepting the aaccli utility.

Advise.....stay away from Adaptec on FreeBSD and especially RAID =
controllers.