Date:      Mon, 7 Aug 2006 23:20:55 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        "Intron" <mag@intron.ac>
Cc:        alexander@Leidinger.net, freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Updated on 2006-07-29] Re: My Linux AIO Implementation Calling for Test

Quoting "Intron" <mag@intron.ac> (Sat, 29 Jul 2006 18:05:47 +0800):

> Download: http://ftp.intron.ac/tmp/linux_aio-20060729.tar.bz2
>
> 1. Use LMSG().
> 2. I wonder whether ARGS() is handy enough. Instead, the keyword __func__
>     instituted by ISO C99 should be used. See my DARGPRINTF().
> 3. Some modifications for style(9).

There are some style problems:
 - macros do not have to end with a ';'
 - lines with more than 80 characters (so far they can be changed to
   continue on the next line or some similar modifications)
 - between switch/if/while/... and the '(' should be a space
 - code which isn't used should be disabled with preprocessor
   directives, not with comments
 - '}' and '{' should be on the same line as the "else"
 - maybe more...

And some code problems:
 - "Both User Space and Kernel Memory Leaked!" doesn't look very
   encouraging, what's the reason for this? How often can this occour
   and when?
 - please use the l_int, l_uint, ... types instead of plain int,
   unsigned, ... so that it can be used on amd64 too (the linuxolator
   runs in "32bit mode" there, so a 64bit long will break there)

Maybe I will find some more stuff later...

Bye,
Alexander.

--
The wages of sin is death, but so is the salary of virtue, and at least the evil get to go home early on Fridays.
(Witches Abroad)