Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 2006 12:46:58 +0600
From:      Stanislav Sedov <ssedov@mbsd.msk.ru>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   exception handling in kernel code

--Sig_qWUgz/_QkiiVYFs+zVAkzMV

Hi!

I'm trying to write kernel code where exceptions are unavoidable.
To clarify , I need to recover after GP (general protection) exception
on i386 cpu and return an error in that case.
Unfortunately, looking in trap.c kernel code I can't find any exception
handling mechanism except inserting hooks into trap.c.

So, the question is: how can one recover after exception in kernel
code? AFAIK, linux build special exception table from various __ex_table
sections to allow placing recover code into .fixup section. Does any such
mechanism exists in freebsd?

Thanks!

--=20
Stanislav Sedov         MBSD labs, Inc.         <ssedov@mbsd.msk.ru>
=F2=CF=D3=D3=C9=D1, =ED=CF=D3=CB=D7=C1         http://mbsd.msk.ru

If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.  -- A. Einstein
PGP fingerprint:  F21E D6CC 5626 9609 6CE2  A385 2BF5 5993 EB26 9581

--Sig_qWUgz/_QkiiVYFs+zVAkzMV

--Sig_qWUgz/_QkiiVYFs+zVAkzMV--