Date:      Sun, 01 Oct 2006 20:38:49 +0200
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Install FreeBSD on an external (usb) hard drive?

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 03:33:59 +0200
Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no> wrote:

> Installation went fine, and I installed the FreeBSD boot manager.
> When I reboot, the boot manager comes up, but as soon as I press "F1",
> the screen fills with what I think is register dumps (hard to tell,
> because of the fast scrolling - and pressing "scroll lock" doesn't
> work) and I must power off the machine to recover.

Hmm, this looks like a complicated issue.
The external (usb) hard drive have the 7.0-current snapshot on
partition 1 (da0s1) and 6.2-beta1 on partition 2 (da0s2). On another
machine (a desktop AMD machine which normally runs FreeBSD 6.1-stable
(amd64) I can boot the first partition (da0s1), but if I try to boot
the second partition, it just beeps. I'll have to do more tests.
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,