Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 2006 12:08:02 +0300
From:      Mikael <mikael.tanskanen@pp.inet.fi>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   newbie has ACPI problem

Hello

As I am new to FreeBSD and could not find anything useful by googling around I
decided to ask from here.

In FreeBSD7-CURRENT acpi works for my laptop (Fujitsu Siemes Amilo A1650)
but FreeBSD6.1-STABLE (or 6.2 RC1) did give me lot of error messages with
different error codes. Mostly about fails in TZS stuff..

Everytime my cpu get more work and fans start spinning faster i got error
messages printed on screen.

Other problem is that my clock speeds is running too fast. For example in boot
screen the time counter speeds almost in double speed.

And since this is laptop with dynamically changing cpu frequencies and fan
speeds I really would like to have acpi enabled :)

In Linux(2.6.17) and Windows these things work....but I REALLY would like
replace them with FreeBSD.

SO...THE QUESTION (finally)

Is it possible to use freebsd6,1 stable with custom kernel acpi module from
freebsd7-current?
or any other way for newbie to get his ACPI working,

-mikael