Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 2006 22:54:07 +0200
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Daniel Gerzo <danger@rulez.sk>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Fwd: Re: RFA: link http://docs.freebsd.org/doc/ in docs

On 2006.10.17 21:50:49 +0200, Daniel Gerzo wrote:
> Hello doc@,
>
>  I would like to ask you people, what do you think about the following
>  change:
>
> This is a forwarded message
> From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
> To: Daniel Gerzo <danger@freebsd.org>
> Date: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 2:53:11 PM
> Subject: RFA: link http://docs.freebsd.org/doc/ in docs
>
> ===8<==============Original message text===============
> On 2006-10-17 01:00, Daniel Gerzo <danger@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> >    Some people don't like removal of some 4.X and pre-5.3 things from
> >    our documentation especially in our handbook. They often say that
> >    it's hard to find the archive of our docs, therefore I think this
> >    change might be reasonable. What do you guys think?
>
> It's a good idea.  I don't object to this change, but...
>
> Since this is displayed on *ALL* the HTML output pages, we might have to
> ask freebsd-doc about this.

Do you have an example of how this looks in the built HTML?

My initial reaction is that while I think we should improve info on
where to find old docs, most users don't need them, so adding this to
alle pages might be a bit overkill...

Hmm, and now I see that we actually already have a link at
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ to the old docs...

--
Simon L. Nielsen