Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2006 18:36:50 +0200
From:      John Hay <jhay@meraka.org.za>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Gateworks 2348 any experience with it?

Hi,

I have been lurking on -arm for a while and have been reading the
archives and some of the web sites:

http://www.freebsd.org/platforms/arm.html
http://www.embeddedfreebsd.org/boards.html

But I'm still not sure how far / useable the FreeBSD arm port is. Anybody
care to comment?

We are looking at ways to build a 3 radio wifi system and have been
wondering if I can consider an arm system and how much work will
have to be done. We have been using Soekris and Wrap boards for a
long time, so I am used to the small i386 part of FreeBSD.

One of the boards I have been looking at is the Gateworks 2348, which
is a 533MHz IXP425 with 64M Ram, 4 x Mini-pci slots and a CF Socket.

http://www.gateworks.com/avila_gw2348_4.htm

So will I be able to just use it or how much work will still have to
be done and on which parts?

Thanks.

John
--