Date:      Wed, 8 Nov 2006 04:34:29 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jacqueline P <jackie7691@yahoo.com.mx>
To:        Freebsd driverlist <freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PCCARD - interruptible sleep

Hi all

  how can I implement an interruptible sleep within my pccard smart card reader driver like ?
  For Linux I do this the following way

  // interruptible_pause()
static inline void ipause(unsigned long amount) {
 set_current_state(TASK_INTERRUPTIBLE);
 schedule_timeout(amount);
}

  and within my driver I use the function DELAY which does a busy wait.

  The problem is, that the driver does not recognize when the pccard is detached during a read / write operation.

  Does the kernel update the struct device_t, so that the driver can use the function device_is_attached() to determine that the device is detached ?

  Thanks,
  Jacqueline