Date:      Sun, 12 Nov 2006 12:23:55 +0000
From:      Stacey Roberts <stacey@vickiandstacey.com>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: Having problems with GNOME on FreeBSD? Have you read our FAQ lately?

--dDRMvlgZJXvWKvBx

Hello Joe,

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> If you are having a problem with GNOME on FreeBSD -- especially since
> the 2.16 update -- you should checkout the recently update FreeBSD GNOME
> FAQ at http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome/docs/faq2.html .  This revised
> edition includes useful tips for troubleshooting HAL-related problems,
> getting the most out of your GNOME Desktop, fixing build problems due to
> the PREFIX move, and even uninstalling GNOME.
>=20
> If you have additional information you feel should be included in the
> FAQ, please bring it to our attention.

I've noticed that since updating hal-daemon and hal-device-manager over the=
 last few days,
whenever I log into Gnome-2.16 the desktop icons for "Computer", "Wastebask=
et" and $USER's
Home" are never aligned where they should be, and I need to re-position the=
 icons back to
where they normally are.

I can't see in any of the menu items where I can ensure that the icons posi=
tioning can be
"remembered".

Is there some way to ensure that the desktop icons remember their positions=
 after placement?

Regards,

Stacey

>=20