Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 2006 21:48:24 -0500
From:      Brian Dean <brian@bsdhome.com>
To:        Murray Stokely <murray@freebsdmall.com>
Cc:        freebsd-www@freebsd.org, Christopher Rued <c.rued@xsb.com>, bsd@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: prstats script

> On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 01:27:04PM -0500, Christopher Rued wrote:
> > I was looking for a way to graph PR activity and I came across the very
> > nice graphs here: http://people.freebsd.org/~bsd/prstats/ .
> >
> > I found what I though were the scripts for generating these graphs here:
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/www/tools/prstats/ .
>
> No they are separate.  bsd@'s graphs use different software tools and
> they are not checked into CVS, which is why they are in his home
> directory.  You'll have to talk with him about them (CCed).

These are generated using commercial software called SAS.  My code is
rather ugly and I thought it was doubtful that anyone else would be
using SAS, so aside from embarassing myself with my ugly code, I
didn't think the source would be all that useful to publish.  I
kind've like slicing and dicing data so this really started as a "hey
look at this" thing and now lots of folks use it, which I think is
cool.  I'm happy to keep generating these for as long as the database
is in gnats - I have it set up as an automated cron job that's been
running for several years.  Sometimes something happens and it fails,
but I generally get it back up and going fairly quickly.

Hmmm ... currently it looks like the data hasn't been updated since
the 17th - I'll have to look into that.