Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 2006 20:18:11 -0700
From:      "Z. Wade Hampton" <zwade@oldpathsbaptistchurch.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   cvsup and amd64

Greetings to all,
I'm running a dell 1501 laptop with amd64x2 processor.
I got a disk from a guru specifically for this architecture, booted it, and
installed 6.1 via FTP.

Yesterday I ran cvsup successfully.
Today I did "make buildworld" successfully.

Now, I have a little paranoia about "buildkernel".

Please tell me, did I need to specify anything specifically about the amd64
architecture when running cvsup?  Did I possibly get a GENERIC kernel file
through cvsup that is not compatible with amd?

Anxious in Montana,
Z. Wade Hampton
Twin Bridges, MT