Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 2006 17:11:25 +0800
From:      "Kevin Foo" <kevin.foo@zaidibrahim.com>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Acer Aspire WLMi 5102 with AMD Turion 64 X2 system hanging with powerd on 6.2-RC1 and 6.2-PRERELEASE

On Wednesday 20 December 2006 16:40, Abdullah Al-Marrie wrote:
> Hello guys,
>=20
> I have problem with my laptop Acer Aspire 5102 WLMi which has AMD
> Turion=99 64 X2 dual-core TL-50 1.6 GHz with 1.5 GB of ram.
>=20
> I'm running i386 6.2-RC1 upgraded to 6.2-PRELEASE via RELENG6 tag
> since I don't have more than 4 GB of ram.
>=20
> But the the laptop even doesn't boot some times,  and if booted it
> hangs all the time, till I hashed out powerd_enable=3D"YES"
>=20
> hints?
1) Try patch from ariff@
http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/misc/idlecpu_apic_4.diff

and set /boot/loader.conf
hw.apic.idle_cpu to "1" or "2"

2) For HDA, use ariff@ RELENG_6 patch:-
http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/snd_RELENG_6_20061220_136_lowlatency.dif=
f.gz

Set /boot/loader.conf
boot_verbose=3D"YES"
sound_load=3D"YES"
snd_hda_load=3D"YES"

---
As stated by ariff@ :-
Please supply enough information while doing bug reporting!

	1) uname -a
	2) pciconf -lv | grep -B 4 audio
=09
	In case the driver loaded, but failed to work:

	3) dmesg | grep ^pcm , or grep ^pcm /var/run/dmesg.boot
	   whichever seems appropriate
	4) sysctl hw.snd.verbose=3D2 ; cat /dev/sndstat
	5) sysctl hw.snd
	6) output of /usr/sbin/mixer

... along with your kernel config

freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org is the official channel to report and =
discuss anything related with sound and multimedia.
---

Hope this helps.

--=20
Warm regards,
Kevin Foo

Key fingerprint : 4B23 FC1C E50B 9693 CCDD  2A7D A048 E909 8924 9BDD
Public key : =
http://keyserver.linux.it/pks/lookup?op=3Dget&search=3D0x89249BDD
*****************************Internet Email Confidentiality Footer =
*****************************=20

Legal Privilege & Confidentiality=20
-------------

This email contains privileged and/or confidential information.  If you =
are not the intended recipient (or responsible for delivery of the =
message to such person) or if you have inadvertently received this =
email, you should destroy or delete this message and notify the sender =
by reply email accordingly. If you or your employer do not consent to =
using Internet email for messages of this kind please advise immediately =
by sending an email to the sender of this message .  All opinions, =
conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to =
the official business of Zaid Ibrahim & Co shall be understood as =
neither given nor endorsed by Zaid Ibrahim & Co. Our company accepts no =
liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any =
actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that =
information is subsequently confirmed in writing. =20

Caveat=20
-----------WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email, and =
you should check this email and any attachments for the presence of =
viruses. Zaid Ibrahim & Co accepts no liability for any damage caused by =
any virus transmitted by this email. Our employees are expressly =
required not to make defamatory statements nor infringe or authorise any =
infringement of copyright or any other legal right via any =
communications. Any such communication is contrary to our company policy =
and outside the scope of the employment of said individual. We will not =
be liable for such communication.=20