Date:      Sat, 6 Jan 2007 13:08:30 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        "Scot Hetzel" <swhetzel@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: linuxolator: proc/filesystems and sysfs function implementations

Quoting "Scot Hetzel" <swhetzel@gmail.com> (Sat, 6 Jan 2007 02:12:00 -0600):

> I also re-implemented the patch to linprocfs to use
> TAILQ_FOREACH(vfsp, &vfsconf, vfc_list), and implemented the
> freebsd_to_linux_fs function (translates a freebsd fs name to a linux
> fs name) in sys/compat/linprocfs/linprocfs.c.
>
> This function is needed by the sysfs implementation, and was wondering
> where the translation function, and the structure it returns should be
> placed so that it is accessable to both implementations (linux_sysfs,
> and linprocfs_dofilesystems).

What about compat/linux_emul.[ch], or linux_misc.[ch] or a completely
new linux_fs.[ch]?

I don't know if it is a good idea to translate the names or not... I
can come up with cases where it is ok, but I can also come up with
cases where it isn't. Unluckily I don't know which cases should be
taken into account or not.

Bye,
Alexander.

--