Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 2007 21:07:41 +0100
From:      VANHULLEBUS Yvan <vanhu_bsd@zeninc.net>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:  NFS locking broken

On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 12:30:01AM +0800, LI Xin wrote:

Thanks for the fast reply !

> Sounds like an known and fixed issue.  Try this patch:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/usr.sbin/rpc.lockd/lockd_lock.c.diff?r1=1.18&r2=1.19

Just tried it, and I still have the problem.

The really strange thing is that one "thing" (an application from
/usr/local ???) blocks ALL the NFS locking system, for all users and
all process...

And as I also have the problem if I just reboot the computer then make
a test on console or ssh (no X server, no applications, etc...), the
only programs from /usr/ports which have been run at that point are
cups (which doesn't use the NFS /home AFAIK), bash and pam_ldap.

And I just tried again: stopping/restarting nfslocking doesn't change
anything (tried a lockf just after restarting nfslock).

Yvan.

--
NETASQ
http://www.netasq.com