Date:      Sat, 3 Mar 2007 01:52:27 +0100
From:      Danny Pansters <danny@ricin.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux "equivalent" to freebsd

If you have a (Free)BSD mindset and like your rc.conf but don't mind
typing "pacman" instead of pkg_* or portupgrade -P * and you don't mind using
something called ABS for src packages, which is like ports, only with a stage
install before live-system install, then you may just like ArchLinux.

I tried many but besides Debian, Arch is the only one I really enjoyed toying
with. Haven't used Arch on serious production system, but it appears that
other people do. Gentoo is nice (and keeps you busy/entertained) until it
blows up on you.

Just my 0.02 as a long time FreeBSD user. The linux I used most was Debian but
that was long ago before I landed at BSD.

Dan