Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2007 12:10:49 -0500
From:      Jonathan Horne <freebsd@dfwlp.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   $PATH problem

i recently switched from KDE to XFCE4.  underneath, i also switch my DM from kdm to slim.  now that slim is operating, my paths have changed significantly when i log in via the GUI login.  my current paths:

[jhorne@athena ~]$ echo $PATH
./:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin

conversly, if i log into this system via ssh or console, i get this (much better):

[jhorne@athena ~]$ echo $PATH
/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/jhorne/bin

where can i got to change this so that i always have the second set of paths even when im in xfce?  thanks!

jonathan