Date:      Wed, 25 Apr 2007 06:43:34 -0700
From:      David Southwell <david@vizion2000.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Building a mail application.. some advice appreciated

Hi

I am looking for some general advice and guidance for selecting software=20
components to fulfill a proof of concept test.

I need a mail application with =A0features requiring that incoming mails, w=
hich=20
should comply with a predetermined format, be initially examined for=20
compliance with that format.=20

Each sender (read user) has to be uniquely identified in the database syste=
m=20
and a log kept of every mail received.

Sender verification requirements are high and, among other things, the outp=
ut=20
from attachment processing must provide an input to the verification system.
=A0
Mails that pass verification requirements are to be initially processed by =
the=20
receiving server and the results of verification transferred to a mysql =A0
database.

Subsequently data =A0has to be extracted from the email, processed and the=
=20
results stored in a mysql database. Processing includes the use of scripts =
to=20
generate email responses and other functions.

Attachments =A0have to be extracted and passed for processing and =A0result=
s=20
stored =A0in a mysql db.

Mails that do not comply with the verification requirements need to be pass=
ed=20
to another server for logging and processing.

The system has to be scaleable.

I realise I have not given a lot of detailed information but here is the ru=
b I=20
need to build, as quickly as possible, a proof of concept, using readily=20
available software components. =A0

The OS is freebsd (currently 6.1) running postfix.=20

What components would you choose for this exercise? Be able to build quickl=
y=20
and easily is the priority  for this stage and low server demand would not =
be=20
some important at this time.

Thanks in advance for any input you can give

David