Date:      Wed, 23 May 2007 18:18:12 -0300
From:      JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>, Iulian M <eti@erata.net>, Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: xorg 7.2 start problem

On Wednesday 23 May 2007 17:51:34 Roland Smith wrote:
> On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 05:29:54PM -0300, JoaoBR wrote:
> > I also haven't read anything and got terrible caught by this 7.2 xorg
> > thing
>
> Says it all, really. :-)

you're not laughing at me aren't you?=20

> > and kind of lame that portupgrade xorg does not install the modules,
>
> And how is portupgrade to know which specific drivers you need?

good question deserve good answers: how the heck portupgrade did it before?

> There will always be big ports changes that exceed the capabilities of
> the automated ports management tools and need manual intervention.

absolutely, but only partial correct because the tools are perfectly capabl=
e,=20
the thing is that the process is not really thought through enough when=20
publishing it

=2D-=20

Jo=E3o