Date:      Sun, 10 Jun 2007 13:43:31 -0700
From:      Alexander Botero-Lowry <alexbl@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Hye-Shik Chang" <hyeshik@gmail.com>, python@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Python 2.5.1 upgrade as a new default

> Hello,
>
> I feel sorry about the slow progress of making 2.5 default.
> I just updated the patch to the recent repository.
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~perky/python25-rev5.diff

I've merged the revision 4 patch into a git repository at
http://git.geekfire.com/?p=ports.git;a=shortlog;h=python25

It's on top of a fairly recent version of ports, with all conflicts
resolved.

> As some third-party packages started to use features of 2.5,
> we'd better to move to 2.5 soon.  Please review the patch
> and scream if you have a problem with it. :)
> Details for the patch are described in the previous mail [1].
> If no problem arises, I will commit it in the next week.

I'm concerned that we haven't fixed the problems that were found during
pointyhat runs, portmgr@ wants this to be built on pointyhat before it
goes into ports. I think we should be careful to make sure we've fixed
the known build failures and then have pav@ do a pointyhat run for us.