Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2007 08:55:54 -0400
From:      Gerard <gerard@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing FreeBSD-6.2 & Xorg-7.2

I have had nothing but grief since updating to the new Xorg-7.2
version on my PC. Unexplained crashes, lockups, etc. No doubt, some of
the problems are my fault; however I cannot seem to get them corrected.

Now, I was wondering how this would work.

1) Download a fresh ISO of FreeBSD-6.2 on to another PC
2) Erase my HDs on the PC presently running FBSD
3) Reformat the HDs
4) Install the fresh copy of FBSD

Will that give me a system that I can directly install Xorg-7.2 on to
or do I still have to go through the procedure shown in the "UPDATING"
file? Suppose I install Xorg-7.2 doing the actual install of FBSD;
will that make any difference? In any case, I would build a new kernel
ASAP after the new install.

Thanks!

--
Gerard

Useless 'Fact of the Day'

       If bill gates put his fortune in dollar bills under his mattress and fell
       off, it would take him 6 1/2 minutes to hit the ground.