Date:      Mon, 25 Jun 2007 17:36:38 +0200
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Dmitry Morozovsky <marck@rinet.ru>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS questions

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z

On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 11:53:43AM +0400, Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
>=20
> I'm playing with ZFS thinking about future storage server
> I have two questions about it (currently; a least ;-)=20
>=20
> 1. How can one determine which portion of a provider zpool uses? It seems=
=20
> logical for me if `zpool status -v' would display this info.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand the question. If you use only one
partition of a disk, zpool status will show you which partition it is.
(but I don't think this was your question)

> 2. It is also possible to expand the array by iteratively swapping each d=
rive=20
> in the array with a bigger drive and waiting for ZFS to heal itself - the=
 heal=20
> time will depend on amount of store information, not the disk size.=20
> [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZFS#Limitations ]
>=20
> My experiments does not show that zpool size increases after set of=20
> `zpool replace'. Where did I went wrong?

Works here after zpool export/zpool import.

--=20
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z--