Date:      Fri, 09 Nov 2007 23:43:23 +0100
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adding PMU support for Apple PPC-based computers

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 12:30:42 +0000
bruce@cran.org.uk wrote:

> I recently installed FreeBSD 7.0-BETA1 on my 1GHz G4 iBook.  I got it
> installed without too many problems, but noticed that it's only
> running at 356MHz - from reading previous posts I gather it's because

Aha. Is this the reason why my Power Macinstosh G4[1] reports the wrong
speed too?
It has a G4 @ 533 MHz, but from dmesg I get:
root@kg-g4# dmesg | grep cpu
cpu0: Motorola PowerPC 7400 revision 2.9, 200.00 MHz
cpu0: HID0 8094c0a4<EMCP,DOZE,DPM,EIEC,ICE,DCE,SGE,BTIC,BHT>

I was wondering about that.

1) http://tingox.googlepages.com/powermac_g4_freebsd
--
Regards,