Date:      Thu, 15 Nov 2007 00:57:52 +0100
From:      "Heiko Wundram (Beenic)" <wundram@beenic.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: python25 core dumps

Am Mittwoch, 14. November 2007 23:15:36 schrieb David J Brooks:
> Since upgrading to 7.0-BETA2 most of my python based programs fail with
> Segmentation fault: 11 (core dumped). It seems to be limited to gui based
> programs using Gtk or Qt. Any idea what's going on there? Hints on how to
> analyze the python.core files would be helpful too.

Easy way to get info from the backtrace:

gdb /usr/local/bin/python <path to>/python.core

Then, enter the "back" command in the post-mortem debugging session and post
the output here. Someone (maybe even me) should be able to give you a hint
where to look further from there.

--
Heiko Wundram
Product & Application Development